Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I am a woman who converted to Islam I have been diagnosed

Customer Question

Hi I am a woman who converted to Islam I have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder my moods are like a roller coaster and I have done self harm and I've behaved in ways that my psych says match the criteria for BPD I also have periods when I hear voices I'm expected to pray 5 times a day but I cannot concentrate half the time I would be greatfull if you could give me some advice
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 7 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. If you are hearing voices than that is not part of BPD as voices or hallucinations are considered a symptom of psychosis, so you may have another mental health disorder along with the BPD. Since hallucinations can only be treated with the proper medications, have you considered taking any psychotropic medications for your issue?