Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My psychiatrists changed insurance and i need toget a refill

Customer Question

my psychiatrists changed insurance and i need toget a refill on my meds. i run out on monday morning, and ideas what to do
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 8 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. You can try to ask your psychiatrist for an emergency and one-time prescription until you find a new psychiatrist. Also if these are not a Controlled Substance, sometimes the pharmacist will allow for one more refill until you can see a new psychiatrist. And lastly if this is not a Controlled Substance, you can also go to the ER for a new prescription and possibly a referral to a new psychiatrist.