Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

My grandchildren, son, daughertinlaw live in Texas with my

Customer Question

My grandchildren, son, daughertinlaw live in Texas with my exhusband..My other son is a disabled Gulf War Veteran..We could not do the annual visit this year due to Vets illness..
I ask my son when is there a time that we can come this summer..He was evasive when asked and made me feel that we are now unwelcome..I am sick at heart..My ex husband
is poisining his mind against me..what should I do or say now
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistGale replied 7 months ago.

Hi Bobbie

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help you with your concern about family dynamics. Just to be clear, the son you asked about visiting this summer is the Veteran or the son who lives with your ex?

This sounds like a very painful situation. I am sorry you find yourself in this predicament. Can you be more specific about what has happened in the past that has led you to the conclusion that your husband is bad-mouthing you to your children? You said your son was evasive about having you visit. Can you be more specific about what was said during that conversation?