Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I'm trying to find a telepsychiatrist to help with my

Customer Question

I'm trying to find a telepsychiatrist to help with my anxiety because no one within 100 miles is accepting new patients
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I have been keeping anxiety and panic attacks a lot lately. The hospital gave me 1 valium a few days ago to calm me down. I was told to see a psychiatrist. Because I can't sleep, or take care of my family because of this. I cry because of how it makes me feel. So now I'm looking into telepsychiatrist because someone mentioned it to me. I figured even if they have to mail me a script I didn't care I just need help and no one here is helping. I've offered the clinics to pay full price if they weren't taking my insurance but still nothing available
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I deal with chronic pain that I believe gives me my anxiety and panic attacks. Pain flares and I then get scared and panic over taking care of anyone or getting up to potty or the thought of having to leave the house. I think it triggers it and then I'm stuck like this for hours.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 7 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Unfortunately Valium is a Controlled Substance, so that has to be prescribed face to face per Federal Law. Also telepsychiatry only works within your insurance carrier, so you would have to contact your own insurance provider to see if they allow for telepsychiatry.