Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

My 5 year old granddaughter is still wetting her pants

Customer Question

My 5 year old granddaughter is still wetting her pants several times a day. Is this a problem that a child psychogist can help with?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 8 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. If the wetting of her pants occurs primarily in the day time and she has been seen by her pediatrician, than seeing a child psychologist would be best. A child psychologist can help get down to the root cause of this behavior (e.g. anxiety, depression, trauma, etc...) and treat that which will resolve the day time wetting. But I would recommend having her see her pediatrician first to rule out any organic cause for this day time wetting before seeing the child psychologist.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
She has seen pediatrician. Should she see a bladder specialist before seeking other help?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 8 months ago.

If a urologist is recommended than yes she should.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK...thanks. I will tell daughter.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 8 months ago.

You are most welcome. I wish your grand-daughter all the best and I hope this issue resolves very soon.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 8 months ago.

I hope this helps to provide you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns as I would be happy to continue assisting you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.