Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My husband has been dx with several disorders - PTSD, PPD, -

Customer Question

My husband has been dx with several disorders - PTSD, PPD, - 2 years ago. He has been suicidal, in a hops program, then a partial out pt. program for a year. He keeps telling me it will be fine when the FBI and others stop surveilling and following him. We have not gone on a vaca (used to travel aot) in over 3 years and he rarely goes out. He is so fearful he will lose me. He is so fearful he is going to jail. He does not trust me. I am getting depressed. He sees a psycologist weekly and psuchiatrist monthly. I am at the end of my rope ......ideas? Will this never end?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 8 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that your husband has been struggling with these severe psychological symptoms, namely the paranoia and persecutory delusions. Typically these can be successfully treated with the right antipsychotic medication, but in rare cases the patient may be resistant to medication management, meaning that the psychotic symptoms will persist no matter what. May I ask, do you know what medications he is taking and at what dose?