Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have a strong suspicion that my psychriatrists

Customer Question

I have a strong suspicion that my psychriatrists behavior..in midst of serious personal crisis he was treating me for, thinks I'm working for SSA to target Drs. With an already Twenty years well documented history of PTSD..rape..blindfolded..knife at throat that drew blood. Abducted on street five years later and forced to jump from moving car to save self..all police reports available. I worked as parole officer for many years. Was placed as senior officer in half way house for sex offenders ..took it on feeling strong. State knew my history. Cut staff..doubled caseload..while I'm trying to be responsible for sixty plus men in the community. Then my Son at neighbor s house tripped on hot grease during fish fry and as I rushed him to hospital . His shoes came off with most of foot/skin. Had to hurt him twice daily to soak burn bandages off ..while he screamed. Two years later got in car wreck..hit from behind ..pushed into oncoming. Five cars and Brinks Truck took my hip..knee..and back. Eight surgeries. Am stuck on Fentanyl Patch to function. Anxiety and stress..panic attacks..depression all documented by SSA. Have been on disability for twenty years. Point.
Recently at age sixty underwent a SSA Review. The form type. Nothing more. Completed swiftly. Contacted Drs..done over. So what would cause my Psychiatrist of over a year who was getting me thru yet another serious blow.. to suddenly rant and rave at me..not my experience with him EVER! About not wanting to be thrown in jail for thirty years..showing me a Google news story about unethical Dr. Supplying multiple scripts to patients she rarely saw who were abusing and drinking and ended up dead. He refused to give me a voice..angry and pacing..and said no more xanax. This has nothing to do with me. Have been thru every scenario of what led to such a stunning abrupt break of trust and treatment. I am agoraphobic. Frozen in my home..but unwilling to amp regiment of 2 mgs of xanax a day. Been there.Never again.. all scenarios in mind..I still carry a badge..Am a mandated reporter etc. Did SSA Review which he seemed uncomfortable and not familiar with cause this? I've been nothing short of subjected to a man standing over me ..no voice..ranting. Left shaken ..speechless. Felt familiar. What could have happened in one month..other than SSA requesting records to what I felt was a good Dr./patient relationship? What should I take from this? What does he fear?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am sorry that you are going through this issue with your psychiatrist, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. Unfortunately I do not know your psychiatrist or your case so I cannot determine why he exactly treated you in this way. It is possible that the news story about the doctor who prescribed multiple controlled substances to patients has gotten him worried that the same could be applied to him as he may be prescribing too many controlled substances and the authorities are looking into that...so he may not have just reacted this way to you, but to multiple patients. If you feel that the doctor-patient relationship has been severed and is truly broken from this than I would recommend looking for another psychiatrist to help you with your prescription regimen.