Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I hurt myself in many ways and my family sees it as

Customer Question

i hurt myself in many ways and my family sees it as attention seeking. but i cant stop its no longer to deal with pain and never really was, i feel little to no pain when doing it and feel i need to. the thoughts are constant, always playing, i have to do it.along with that i have very reoccurant thoghts about hurting kid but i dont want to. i have acted on the thoughts before and it was reported but nothing will go away just like the voices and overlords. what do you think is wrong with me?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that you are struggling with these symptoms, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. If you are hearing voices than most likely those are auditory hallucinations that can be the result of either a psychotic disorder like Schizophrenia or a severe mood disorder like a Major Depressive Disorder with Psychotic Features. Either way this is definitely a serious issue and one you need to get treated for right away. If you are having thoughts of hurting yourself, please call 911 or go to the ER as soon as possible. May I ask, what medications are you currently taking?