Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I live in S. CA and my soon to be ex husband has an adult

Customer Question

I live in S. CA and my soon to be ex husband has an adult (age 30) child that has virtually never finished college, or maintained a job....the boys suffers from Depression and also has been in and out of rehabs. He is about to drive my ex into bankruptcy. His son is not my child, but I really care about both of them and I just feel there has got to be some sort of help available. Can you direct me to agencies that might be able to help?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 8 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. If your soon to be ex-husband's son does not have a lot of money and requires treatment for his depression and I am assuming addiction than he would need a Dual Diagnosis treatment center that is run by the county. I would recommend contacting his county or city's behavioral health department as they will direct this 30 year old man to an affordable and publicly run outpatient service treatment center for therapy, group therapy/support groups, and possible medication. The price for this is usually on a sliding scale fee based on his income so it would be very affordable. Other than that though, there is not much else that can be done that is affordable as all private care treatment runs around 35,000-100,000 dollars