Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I have terrible health anxiety, I was prescribed mg valium.

Customer Question

I have terrible health anxiety
JA: OK. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: I was prescribed mg valium. I had taken it years ago, but haven't in a long time. I don't like the sweating effects and am scared thatvu could have developed an allergic in that time to the drug. Can I start by taking 1.25mg, a quarter pill to see if that helps?
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: Just that I have bad health anxiety as wellas pp ancic dosorder. I've been trying deep breathing but that seems to make it worse. I'm sitting in the er now. Heart wasrraving 165 from panic. Ekg came back fine...
JA: Our top Psychologist is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Psychologist in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Psychologist until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. If your doctor prescribes you Valium, than you can definitely opt to split the dose to 1.25mg and start on that if you prefer. A doctor will never be against going slow and starting off on lower doses of the medication.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns as I would be happy to continue assisting you regarding this issue.