Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

My girlfriend gets into these mood swings where everything

Customer Question

My girlfriend gets into these mood swings where everything irritates her she has a lot of abuse in her life sexual and mental i want to know how i can get her to listen to me so i can calm her down so she dose not do anything to hurt herself
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Unfortunately the easy answer to your question is you cannot. You have to understand these issues are within her and that means only she has the power and control to stop and calm down. Just like you are the only person in control of your actions, she is the only one in control of her actions, which means she must CHOOSE to stop and calm down. This requires her to enter into treatment for her psychological issues which can be therapy and/or medications as a way to control her mood swings. Prevention of the mood swings is considered the most effective form of treatment.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you so much
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

You are most welcome. I wish you and your girlfriend all the best.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns as I would be happy to continue assisting you regarding this issue.