Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My wife told me she doesn't love me any more, which started

Customer Question

my wife told me she doesn't love me any more, which started when I had an altercation with her brother and her father was badly hurt, which she still cant forgive me 5 years later
JA: The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: we have been together for 20 years and for the past 20 years she has been accusing me of having affairs due to moving to another country with her ex-boyfriend and found out he was with another girl and cannot get over it, and constantly accusing me
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: over the last 20 years she has always struggled being at parties or friends houses and cannot handle being with to many people at the one time, after a while I gave up and just went on my own, it took me 12 years to complete my degree which was at night school so I would get home late. with both those mixed in she feels that I was always out and she was the one looking after our children on her own all the time, I do work late but I also do have a business which when I get home late I then worked out of my study to all hours at night, all this has contributed to her telling me she doesn't love me. She now makes excuses not to wear her wedding rings and is excercising atthe gym hard and looks fantastic and now has a lot more confidence and is really concentrating on buying new clothes etc.. trying to look good all t he time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Psychologist responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My wife is being difficult and I feel like I need to impress her all the time and I feel sick in the stomach and cant sleep nor eat. I constantly ask her is "everything Ok" and get no response, I feel so distraught about the whole situation and I am trying to mentally keep it together.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

I understand how this situation with your wife can be very distressing to you, but you still have not posed a question that you would like an answer to...remember this is purely a Q&A service only. If you are looking to help repair the relationship with your wife, have you considered couple's therapy?