Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am 28 y/o female. I have struggled with anxiety most of my

Customer Question

I am 28 y/o female. I have struggled with anxiety most of my life-no medication. I am always afraid I am going crazy and have cycled through various obsessive types of thinking/scary thoughts and have tried to figure out if I am crazy. Recently, I have been having been having thoughts that feel like I am about to do them even though I haven't. Mostly they are about hurting myself. It happens randomly and also if I am really upset about my appearance (I have low self esteem.) I have thoughts where I have a sudden image/urge of scratching my face, hitting myself, digging my skin or teeth and it scares me because it almost feels like I am going to do it. Does this make me crazy? I have also had thoughts like this towards others-like hitting them, pushing, kicking etc. It happens when I am mad too. What is wrong with me and do you think I am losing my mind or will do these things?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How are you feeling right now?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No medical problems, no medication other than multi vitamin and cranberry supplement. I am feeling anxious right now because I am scared this means I am crazy, but other than that, I am fine.

Thank you for that additional information.

I would not say that this means you are crazy......

But it does mean that you need to get help so you can stop suffering.

The best place to start would be with your primary care MD. After a complete exam I bet she will want to refer you to a health care team experienced in dealing with anxiety and feelings like you are having.

There is no need for you to continue to suffer or walk around thinking you are crazy.....you just need a bit of help.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you think this could be then if you don't believe I am crazy?
Thank you.

Could be that you are just more sensitive than some other folks.....

A lot of highly successful artists are like this...

Make sense?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS