Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

I have a weird problem my girlfriend has gone to far she is

Customer Question

Hi I have a weird problem my girlfriend has gone to far she is so jealous, she is going away and made me wear this thing she had made called a restraint suit!!! It covers most of my body and she locked it on!!! She won't be back for 2 weeks what am I to do???
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's like I am a prisoner, she has started to make me wear it when we go out!!!! It's horrible
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 9 months ago.

Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

I am sorry to learn about your situation and i empathize with you since your girlfriend has crossed her boundaries owing to her insecurity and jealous behavior. By putting this suit on you not only has she caused a great degree of emotional hurt to you but also this sort of behavior is beyond reason and logic and it shows her extremist behavior which i feel will eventually take a toll on your relationship. Her behavior is bordering on the lines of Pathological Jealousy and therefore it needs to be stopped.

I suggest you that instead of waiting her to return and then letting you free , you need to get this suit taken off from your body and if you are unable to do it yourself then call a friend or relative or some professional to help you come out of this suit. This sort of behavior is nothing short of abuse, both emotional and physical abuse and you should not allow her to do that on you. Besides, i feel your girlfriend needs to be evaluated for pathological jealousy by a psychiatrist or clinical psychologist and thereafter she needs to be started on psychotherapy or counseling such as CBT so as to alter her thinking process and subsequent related behavior.

I hope this makes sense and leads you in right direction and gives you an indication as to what should be your next move.

Please do not let anyone manipulate or exploit you in the name of love, as there is no end to this sort of behavior and things only become worse with time.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards