Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Pippa and my issue is general low self esteem and self

Customer Question

Pippa and my issue is general low self esteem and self sabotage.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My current issue is being let down twice by the same man whilst he takes no responsibility whatsever, and my just feeling like a fool for going back to him. But its part of a bigger issue which is my general lack of confidence (even though I have learnt to cover it up over the years) and low self esteem which effects every part of my life. Its as thought I feel that I don't deserve any good things to happen and that really I only deserve to be hidden in the shadows sitting at the back of life if that makes sense ? I think it makes me needy and not great at putting myself out there. The back story is I lost my job at the beginning of the year, a so called best friend told the company I worked for that I had gone to an interview and they were not happy, it ended up in me losing my job. And now (we live abroad) as I am going though the nightmare of dissembling a life out here, this guy has decided now is the time to tell me he doesn't want a relationship but really likes me and I enhance his life but he doesn't want anything more. It hurts on top of everything else
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mental Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that you are having these issues with your low self-esteem, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. Have you ever considered undergoing treatment with a mental health professional for this lack of self-confidence?