Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I can't stop cheating on my husband. We are swingers, and

Customer Question

I can't stop cheating on my husband. We are swingers, and I'm bi sexual but I'm not physically attracted to my husband any more and I feel he pushed my boundaries in the bedroom. Hell I even became a porn star for him. But the rush I feel when I'm with another man alone. He doesn't care if we are with other ppl we just aren't supposed to play alone. But I do anyway. I've stumbled onto a man who says he loves me and wants to take me away from my marital situation but I'm scared to death I will cheat on him too. A few friends I've told him about say I'm stupid for leaving one relationship to go right into another. But this man makes me want to be a better person. But as of right now I'm sexually active with 5 men including my husband and one girl. I keep trying to tell them I don't want to meet up with them anymore but I always seem to let myself get talked into meeting them and having really great sex any way. Then I feel like utter crap after. Idk how to break the cycle
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that you are having this issue, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. Because you referenced the diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) than most likely your behavior of cheating on your husband can be a result of that diagnosis. May I ask for how long did you attend therapy for BPD and was it effective?