Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Husband 67 has been with 40 sometime her kis is thats our

Customer Question

husband 67 has been with 40 for quite sometime her kis is thats our grandsons age i found all this in just 1 week in which my 60th birthday and valentines day 33yr annaversary i have put all his things out of the house in the garage so he pick them as there is nothing here for him anymore
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mental health how does 67 yr man get involved in 40 yr woman and think it is ok and i should just get over it
her son is 8 thats our grandsons age whats up with the woman can't she find her own man THATS NOT MARRIREDso they both feel that its ok this is sick to me
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Age differences in relationships can be taboo for some people, but society as a whole are generally accepting of age differences if the two parties are both adults and truly care for each other. Now as for your husband having an affair that is definitely a violation of your trust and violation of what you based your marriage on, but remember he is the one that made that choice. While her trying to be involved with an older married man can be questionable, it was still your husband's choice to pursue the relationship as well so he is more at fault here since he is the one who is married to you. Your husband did not have to pursue her, but he did and that was his mistake. If he does not regret his decision and will continue to see this woman than I would recommend you at least consider a separation or possibly a divorce.