Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I was reading an article about using virtual reality as

Customer Question

Hello,I was reading an article about using virtual reality as therapy for addiction or depression.http://bjpo.rcpsych.org/content/2/1/74Where can I find a virtual reality solution like the one depicted in this article so that I can apply it in my clinic ?Thanks,Steve
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using Justanswer, That is great that you are looking for novel way to treat problematic addiction and mood disorders, but the unfortunate part involving the virtual reality system/methodology is that this is still being researched and is not available for mass market at this time. You can try to reach out to the authors of this article (I have emailed many authors of articles before and found them to be very responsive) to see if your clinic may part of a larger study involving virtual reality, but unfortunately at this time you will not be able to find a mass market system to purchase for therapeutic use.