Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I took pictures to my 20 year old step-daughter naked

Customer Question

I took pictures to my 20 year old step-daughter naked without consent and my wife found out. Neither of them know that and now my marriage is in risk big time and I want to save it if possible. Would you advice me?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is definitely a major issue that could be a sign or a larger issue such as sex addiction, so I would recommend starting to go to individual psychotherapy that specializes in relationships so that you can be properly evaluated and treated for any lingering issues that caused this behavior. Repairing your marriage is going to have to start with you and that will mean individual therapy treatment. Than after a few weeks, you can begin to have your wife join in on the therapy sessions for couples therapy so that she can understand the greater issues that drove this behavior and then you both can start to rebuild trust in your marriage and try to move forward from this. Overall this will not be a short process and you will need to put in considerable effort in your own treatment to help yourself and to show your wife that you are changing and will not behave in this manner ever again.