Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am writing to ask about ocd and ptsd I have ocd now that

Customer Question

I am writing to ask about ocd and ptsd
I have ocd for years now that worsened lately so i had to take medications sertraline , alprazolam for anxiety and panic attacks , and thanks God i am better
I think that ptsd is the thing that triggered my ocd , i had emotional and sometimes physical abuse from my parents , even after they knew i have ocd they mocked me , hit me and treated me so bad ! And now when my life is getting hard they are trying to apologize ! I went to a therapist who asked me to forgive them so the ptsd will fade and ocd as well ! I don't feel i can forget or forgive ! How can i ?! i am done with these advice , i travelled alone spent 20 days and felt relief ! I wonder if the solution is just leave and live alone ?! When i look at them i remember every time they made me sad and every panic attack i had because of them ! I don't hate them anyway i just can't live with them acting like nothing happened ! Thanks in advance
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks anyway
I apparently misunderstood the site :)
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

No worries it is a common misunderstanding. Good luck.