Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My husband calls me a' WHOLE'... but that's okay because

Customer Question

My husband calls me a 'f**kING WHOLE'... but that's okay because that is what he calls his golf ball that goes in the wrong direction or a car that he is working on that is not going his way... and he seems to think this is okay. I am SO FED UP. Am I wrong"
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. It sounds like your husband has anger issues and shows a complete lack of respect for you when he calls you these derogatory names. You are definitely not wrong in how he treats you and it is up to him to correct his behavior. You being hurt by these remarks is only natural and can constitute verbal and emotional abuse as well.