Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

What are my options treatment. i look on the internet but

Customer Question

what are my options for dyssemia treatment. i look on the internet but theres not much information out there. is there a certain therapy that is affective or medication?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Typically Dyssemia is a symptom of a greater disorder like an Autism Spectrum Disorder or even ADHD Inattentive Type, so if there is an underlying cause for your Dyssemia than the treatment should focus on that. May I ask, what diagnoses have you been given that could account for your Dyssemia?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have been diagnosed adhd and ocd. Have tried different medication treatment the past 6-7 years. All worked inconsistent and eventually pooped out. I'm on only adderall now. What brought my attention to dyssenia was a few friends have been concerned with me being awkward in all aspects of life. did some research and I can identify myself with most symptoms. More than the symptoms of adhd and ocd. Say I might be right what kind of therapy would be most appropriate
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your response. Typically Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) with an emphasis on Social Learning Theory would be best to treat Dyssemia. I want to mention though that there is no one therapy specifically designed for treating Dyssemia, so it will most likely be an eclectic type of CBT therapy that is non-traditional. Unfortunately research and treatment protocols for Dyssemia are lacking currently which is why success varies from individual to individual.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns as I would be happy to continue assisting you regarding this issue.