Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

Re: severe debilitating anxiety caused by lexapro

Customer Question

Hi there,
Re: severe debilitating anxiety caused by lexapro withdrawal.14 days ago I tapered from 5mg of lexapro to 2.5mg. After 2 days on 2.5mg I felt very depressed and anxious and decided to reinstate the original 5mg. But back on 5mg I continued to feel even more acute anxiety, but persevered on this dosage for 10 days. When the severe anxiety continued for the entirety of this 10 day period, I visited my doctor, she believed I had relapsed and advised going up to a therapeutic dose of 10mg for at least 4 weeks, I have now been on 10mg for 2 days, and the anxiety is even more severe. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question ...

Lexparo is not for acute anxiety , it will not help you out to manage acute anxiety .

It would be ideal for you to have Tab Lexotanil 3 mg twice a day for 2 weeks , it will control acute anxiety attacks .

So get it please .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks.