Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Where can I find a support group personality disorder? I am

Customer Question

Where can I find a support group for schizoid personality disorder?
I am diagnosed schizoid. After two years of therapy, I am superficially very social and active.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Unfortunately most support groups or group therapy sessions are not advertised publicly and instead you would have to either go to your local community center or ask your psychologist to inquire about such group therapy and support group sessions. Also it will be highly unlikely that you will find a support group or group therapy session that specifically addresses Schizoid Personality Disorder since this disorder is so rare. Instead you should look for support groups and group therapy sessions that focus on treating personality disorder as a whole. Other types of groups that you could enter in would be social therapy groups as that may be of benefit to you as well.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

You are most welcome. I wish you all the best with your continued treatment.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns as I would be happy to continue assisting you regarding this issue.