Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I really need help. I think I suffer from ADHD. I was

Customer Question

I really need help. I think I suffer from ADHD. I was holding off to see a doctor due to lack of any motivation, but my lack of concentration/motivation ruins my work and school life.... I need help asap before I lose my job or fail getting my degree.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am sorry that you believe you may be suffering from ADHD. Unfortunately this type of diagnosis requires a face to face assessment and requires the use of medication to treat it, so you are definitely going to need to see a psychiatrist as soon as possible. I can provide you with names of psychiatrists in your area to assess and treat you, but as for when they will be able to see you is up to them as most psychiatrists have waiting lists for at least a few weeks to a few months.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

If you give me your zip code I can provide you with a list of these psychiatrists who treat ADHD and may be able to see you as an emergency appointment.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it's ok... I have no time for regular appointments...
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

I understand. Good luck to you