Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Datng man m y age 68 but he surrounds mself with men and

Customer Question

datng man m y age 68 but he surrounds himself with men and women in their 20;s more interested with them he is a dentist last wife 12 years younger
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to figure out why he is seeing me
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I cannot read his mind, so I cannot tell you exactly why he is seeing you. It is possible that even though he spends time with these other younger men and women that he genuinely cares for you and is attracted to you, and that age has nothing to do with it. Also there is the possibility that he believes because you are the same age that it is more appropriate to date you based on social standards even though he may feel more connected to those younger than him; but will not date those younger than him in fear of breaking traditional social standards. Its impossible to say for certain since I have never spoken to him, nor can I read his mind on what he is exactly thinking.