Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I can't find a treatment disorder that works. I wasted 14

Customer Question

I'm Posey and I can't find a treatment for bipolar disorder that works. I wasted 14 years of my life in a chemical stupor because of the machinations of psychiatrists. The only thing my time with them and 3 involuntary nuthouse stays taught me was they can never be trusted. I tried therapy, drugs, every "proven" treatment.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have chronic bipolar 2. Suicidal, can't work, fatigued, feelings of worthlessness.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mental Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I feel backed in a corner, the episodes are more frequent. My income has all but dried up. But I can't deal with being fat, cognitively impaired, and impotent because of treatments.I've already had to go through benzodiazepine withdrawal and a reaction to lithium because of the shrinks.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation? And what medications have you tried to help treat your Bipolar Disorder II?