Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Do I have HOCD or am I gay? I am terrified that I might be

Customer Question

Do I have HOCD or am I gay? I am terrified that I might be gay. I've always been attracted to girls and turned on by them and neger guys. I first had the thought about a month ago when I was thinking why I don't get many girls. I am sometimes completely convinced it is just hocd, but right now am panicking and shaking over possibly being gay. I read that groinal responses are normal so I didn't worry that much. Then I tryed looking at naked men and I got an erection and masturbated. Is it possible still that I'm not gay? I am freaking out I can't imagine being gay I am scared for my life.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I would like to ask do you find the idea of being a homosexual repulsive? When you think beyond physical attraction of the same sex and you consider intimate relationships (e.g. sharing, marriage, having children, spending the rest of your life together, etc...), do you find that arousing? Do you find these thoughts of homosexuality to be intrusive and unwanted?