Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Im a 56 yr old woman that is living in inside my own body. I

Customer Question

Im a 56 yr old woman that is living in hell inside my own body. I was in a motorcycle accident on my 10th anniversary with my husband. That was 26 years ago. My life ended that day. I flew from the bike and landed on the top of my head,which compressed my cervical vertebrae and cased lots of nerve damage. I haven't had a painfree day since.
I watch everyday but I've never seen a show about people who live with pain. How do people live with pain? I need to know. I am about to lose my mind. I'm being treated like a drug addict when I follow doctors orders.
The doctors tell me there is nothing more they can do. I'm real tired of hearing this! They can transplant a heart, but they can't fix a neck. What is wrong with this sentence?
They drug me until I'm a shell and they call this living? What am I suppose to do?
What can I do?
Do you have any answers?
If not, Then I am done living!!!!!
A Lewis
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that you are living with this level of chronic pain and truthfully there is no easy answer in how to manage this level of pain and/or treat it. I do want to ask though, you posted your question in the mental health category, did you want advice on how to treat chronic pain from a psychological point of view or did you want more of a medical point of view regarding medications or alternative treatments to lessen the pain because I can transfer this question to the medical category if you wish? Also besides medications, what I am assuming are mostly Analgesic and Opiate medications, have you been receiving any alternative form of psychological or chronic pain treatment (e.g. Mindfulness therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Ketamine, Cold Therapy, Laser Therapy, etc...)?