Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

If you went to the ER is it possible that they would give

Customer Question

If you went to the ER is it possible that they would give you just one pill while you were there to help with insomnia? I asked the question because I haven't slept in three months since my mother died and I've been on restoration and it's not working that my psychiatrist prescribed and I thought maybe if I went to the ER and they gave me one pill of something different that would possibly work I could tell my psychiatrist when I saw them? And if I went to the ER and they just gave me one pill I know I would have to bring somebody with me and would I have to show proof of some kind to my psychiatrist because generally if they just give you one pill they don't give or have any evidence that you got that medication. Also, the hospital I would go to is the closest one and it's not the hospital my psychiatrist is connected to and I would have to go to the closest one because I'm so sleep deprived. So basically what I'm asking is what they prescribed just one pill for the night? Also, what I have to show some kind of evidence that they gave me that pill for the night?
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I am sorry that you are still struggling with your insomnia. The ER will most likely not be able to prescribe you a Controlled Subdtance like Ambien, but they can prescribe you a Non Controlled Substance like Trazodone or Seroquel at a low dose to help you sleep. You can also show the prescription for Restoril as proof that you are being treated for insomnia.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Also I will not be able to provide a phone call at this time due to the late hour.