Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I talked to Dr. Z the other night regarding my wife and her

Customer Question

Hi, I talked to Dr. Z the other night regarding my wife and her behaviors with secrecy and rage.
Further update: my wife deletes and archives emails without ever telling me what they are. There was one I saw regarding a lingerie purchase on Amazon that she quickly deleted before I read it.
I asked her about it and she said "the last time I purchased lingerie was when I bought the two new tops for you." The problem with this is, when she said this, she was shaking her head no throughout. I said her words were incongruous with head movements and she started crying saying "why don't you believe me."
My question is: how accurate are incongruous head movements with speech? I have read that it is uncontrollable and usually is only inaccurate with people from other parts of the world.
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is someone working on my question?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

Hello again. Sorry for the delay, I am sporadically online on the weekends. I am not an expert in body language as I feel it is more pseudoscience than actual science, so I will opt out and allow another expert to help you. Good luck.

Expert:  Jeremy High replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Jeremy. I'm a clinical social worker. non-verbals are not my expertise but I would venture to say that the ones you describe are more related to anxiety she may be experiencing. Anxiety can for sure drive odd body movements.

Long and short, from my point of view, she is likely experiencing anxiety due to the tenderness of the situation.