Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

A 25 year old male with a girlfriend (30) been together 5

Customer Question

Hi I'm Will a 25 year old male with a girlfriend (30) been together 5 years and I haven't had sex with my partner for a long time and every day it's on my mind getting me down I cant keep on living this way. Everything else about her is great we enojy each others company I really don't want to leave her. I find it hard to bring up the fact that I need sex to feel happiness I talked with her a few times, the last time didn't end well I felt shut down witch make our next chat harder for me to bring up. I know that if I don't do something about it I will never get to enjoy sex again she is not one bit bothered about it. I wish that she could at least appreciate what I'm going thru to be with her. Any thoughts appreciated regards Will
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, why have you two not had sex in a long time? Have you thought about entering into couples therapy or sex therapy to discuss this issue and resolve it?