Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My wife says she doesnt love me anymore and is annoyed by my

Customer Question

My wife says she doesnt love me anymore and is annoyed by my presence. I still love her and want to stay as a family. We try to talk but i find it very hurtful when she says that. She has trust issues following on from a bad break up long before i met her. She often said she didnt trust me when there was no reason not to trust me. I put up with that. Now she refuses to consider any option other than me not being in the family home. I dont want to miss out on our son growing up. She talks in general terms about her feelings and problems and gets annoyed with me when i ask about specifics. I think i have been very supportive over her work issues even to the point of her going part time so i support the family on full time earnings. Money is not an issue for us but i have agreedto support her decision but it doesnt seem to count for anything. We attended councilling but she just said she didnt love me after we completed the sessions which we both said were helpful. She has history of depression and has just started antidepressents again. Im quite a positive person but she always sees negative things in our relationship. I feel she blames me for stagnation in our relstionship but im always greeted with negativity so i sometimes avoid talking because of this. No violence or substance abuse involved. I just want her to try.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation? Is she in counseling with you or is it just you?