Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I have a 55 year old son, who has turet syndrome and has

Customer Question

I have a 55 year old son, who has turet syndrome and has come off all medication, due to having had too much and almost overdosed. He was hospitalized for a week and when they released him, he seemed ok until his company closed down and now he is without a job and it is working hard on him. He yells constantly, can't sleep and paces in circles. Without insurance, I can't take him to a Dr.. Is there anything you can tell me that will help me to help him?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that your son is having these issues, but youhave to understand that it is not your job to treat him and that he needs to be seen by a mental health professional to get the right treatment to lessen these symptoms. Have you considered taking him to a Free or Low Cost Community Health Clinic in your area that can properly treat your son? These types of clinics are in every county and provide services based on one's income, so in your son's case it would be free.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea how to find one, can you help?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Of course, you can use this website link. All you have to do is put in your address and then a list of free/low cost clinics clinics will be presented to you. Make sure you find ones that state they treat mental health/behavioral health issues.

http://www.needymeds.org/free-clinics

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I am not available to provide a phone call at this time, but I would be happy to help regarding any other questions you may have.