Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have PTST and depression caused by an abusive childhood

Customer Question

I have PTST and depression caused by an abusive childhood and it's getting worse with age especially since i had a back operation that keeps me out of work and i no longer have any way to take my mind off how much life sucks and i find myself on a daily basis
thinking about killing myself! I feel useless and every body tells me to get over it!!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. '

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry if you are having these intensive depressive thoughts, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. If you are having thoughts of harming yourself than you have to go to the emergency room immediately to prevent you from making a mistake that you may regret later. May I ask, are you currently undergoing any form of therapy along with your Zoloft use? Also how long have you been on the medication and at what dose?