Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have been in the most amazing relationship year and a

Customer Question

Hello, I have been in the most amazing relationship for a year and a half. Every desire, every need, every aspect has been filled. She is my life. Now a few days ago she found out I had been browsing a porn site. We are not alone much, we spend all of our time together so this made her pack up and leave. She is saying I have been mentally cheating on her, now I know or should I say I believe that I have not been at all. I do not desire any other woman. I have maybe browsed porn site once a month. Was I really mentally cheating on her as she claims?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. The use of pornography is different for every individual and couple, as some do view it as cheating and others do not. Because she herself views this as a betrayal than that is her personal opinion/belief on this matter. There really is no right or wrong here as it is based on personal preference. Have you explained to her why you look at pornography once a month and what it means to you?