Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Can you take a 7.5mg. tablet of mirtazapine and a 75mg.

Customer Question

Can you take a 7.5mg. tablet of mirtazapine and a 75mg. tablet of zantac
before bedtime?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Mirtazapine is meant to be taken at night because it can cause drowsiness and Zantac can be taken at night as well if you have acid reflux while you sleep because of the lying down position, although it may be best to take Zantac before or after meals for acid reflux. There are also no listed interactions between these two medications, so you can take them safely together as well.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.