Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC
90967183

Dear Dr. Keane, I hope that this year is proving to be a

Customer Question

Dear Dr. Keane, I hope that this year is proving to be a good start to one for you; so far nothing much has changed yet in my situation, so I am still looking for new job opportunities to apply for. In the meantime, although not sure whether it's the best plan or not, but anything to save feeling completely "down", in-between the small job I do have or at weekends, trying to do things that please me and trying to have fun, either on my own or with friends. One cannot always rely on friends all of the time and nor do they always want to do the same things, or are available, so I am just doing things anyway, like going to the theatre one night next month on my own (got a great looking seat as a result by the looks of the map), that sort of thing. I'm okay doing things on my own and can enjoy my own company. I had a lovely birthday with friends though. This weekend I plan to have some down time, not do a lot, perhaps experiment in the kitchen and try out a new recipe. I am trying to avoid just feeling totally sorry for myself or "lost" and trying to still get some enjoyment out of life when I can. I am trying to move on from the fact my contract ran out last year for what was a main job and family deaths. I can't say it is easy, it really is not, and I will admit to feeling a little low but I am trying to and trying out a different sort of rhythm in life and trying to do a few fun and special things. I am trying to do what you said and trying not to have the carers role all of the time. I am trying not to be too disappointing a person and daughter too though.
I, like you am looking forward to Spring. When it isn't raining here, it is snowing (although like the snow over rain), and then back to rain.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 10 months ago.

Hello Louise, this is Linda. I am a psychotherapist in New York with a private practice. I received your communication to Just Anser. It sounds like you are doing your best to take care of yourself and that you have a great deal of self awareness to do that. Is there something I can help you with? Sincerely, Linda

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Linda. I am happier with Dr. Keane thank you! She knows all of my situation. You could let her know that I have posted to her. Thanks.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
direct her to my other post and this one can be closed. That would be very helpful. Thank you.

Okay, no problem Louise. Take care, Linda

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have also added a little more to my most recent post for Dr. Keane from this one.

Okay, will do. Linda