Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

It usually takes me hours to get to sleep and lately ive had

Customer Question

it usually takes me hours to get to sleep and lately ive had very little and my eyes feel liek they sucking into my head during the day, i feel like i could fall asleep easily during the day but to try and sort out my sleep pattern i make sure i dont. i cant sleep at all if it is pitch black and silent. ive tried heaps of prescribed medications but none work,xanex that ive ocasionally got from friends is the only thing that does the job. it is so hard for me to get a good nights sleep ! why ?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that you are suffering from this level of insomnia, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. It would be impossible for me to tell you why you are having difficulty falling asleep as I cannot examine you, but it does sound like you are suffering from a severe Sleep Disorder. You need to go to a Sleep Clinic to get a proper diagnosis and treatment. I would recommend you ask your doctor to refer you for a sleep study given your severe insomnia.