Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

My girl friend says her aunt once her out to cover a drug

Customer Question

My girl friend says her aunt once pimped her out to cover a drug debt yet she wants to stay with her now that she is not in good physical shape. I personally have a hard time believing that it happened because to me if it had it would seem to me she would hate her for doing such a despicable thing. Is my thinking incorrect or am i probably correct that it never happened.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I have never met nor spoken to your girlfriend, so I cannot say with 100 percent certainty that the story she told is a fabrication or the truth. If your girlfriend has no strong emotions concerning this incident, meaning no anger, anxiety, or depressive symptoms when she talks about it than there is less likely a chance that it did happen. Now if there were strong emotional signs tied to this story than even though she is going back to help her aunt than most likely the story is true. You have to understand it is possible that she has forgiven her aunt or that she is codependent in a way meaning she is rationalizing her aunt's motives during this incident to lessen the trauma in her mind...meaning that she could be in a form of denial. The best way to tell if someone is telling the truth or not would be to see if there were strong emotional ties to the story or not as that is a good indication of it being the truth or a fabrication.