Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I'm 17 years old, almost 18. I was hospitalised in a

Customer Question

I'm 17 years old, almost 18. I was hospitalised in a psychiatric unit for 2 months last year after many suicide attempts, constantly crying and slipping into psychotic episodes. There I was diagnosed with Boarderline Personality Disorder. They talked to me and my family about it, gave us all a ton of information on it and explanations etc etc. I'm receiving therapy and have an apprenticeship with my local council and am hoping to move to Manchester soon. But my diagnosis has just drastically worsened. No ones talked to me about it since last year, and I can feel it getting worse. My self-harm is worsening, my low mood, my anxiety, my extreme emotions, my want to give up, my concept of time, everything. I don't know what to do? :(
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. If you are currently having thoughts of self-harm than please go to the nearest emergency room where you can be either admitted to the hospital or seen by a psychiatrist for a medication adjustment. Obviously the medications are not working as effectively as they should so you need an adjustment in your medications. BPD is one of the most difficult disorders to treat and takes months to years for it be fully managed so you, your therapist, and your psychiatrist are all going to have to work as a team to get the right regimen for you.