Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Will Viibryd help anxiety.Thanks

Customer Question

Hello,will Viibryd help anxiety.Thanks
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Viibryd official use by the FDA is for only treating Major Depressive Disorder, but studies have shown that it can also lessen anxiety. This is common with new medications as new research shows extended use of a psychotropic medication beyond it's original purpose. So as of right now, yes Viibryd has the potential to lessen anxiety, but you will probably not see those benefits for a few weeks as it takes time for the Viibryd to circulate in the system.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.