Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My partner whent to jail yeas and in that 3 years we had a

Customer Question

Hi my partner whent to jail for 3 yeas and in that 3 years we had a baby girl. Hunnie is her name as soon as she turnd 1a he was incase rated and i had to do it all alone as well take care of my mother and drive 1.30 every fortnight to see my patner. I did love him so much mow i dont give him the time of day i feel mothing inside me at all .could my partner beIng gone so long change everything like that. Since the 3 years iv found to be happy relaxed and free sex is Not an issue with me i lost my labbido when my partner ask for sex i say no tired iv also told him u asking me for sex makese feel uncomfortable and i try to avoid him but it has to stop i need help please help me fix me and help try to keep my family together thank u.Xx
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Most likely being a part has changed how you view the relationship because you had to do everything on your own and that can cause animosity towards your partner which is why you are no longer emotionally or physically attracted to him. As for how to fix this, that is something that cannot be easily done on a Q&A service as you both most likely will have to go to couples therapy for a few months to help bring back that fire and passion in your relationship. Would you both be willing to do that?