Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My husband had an affair 10 years ago. It was a secret life

Customer Question

My husband had an affair 10 years ago. It was a secret life he had for 3 years. We have worked our way through it and we really do love each other. Is it ever right to tell adult children about this? We act as though we have always had the perfect marriage. In some ways I think they may better understand me. But maybe I am being selfish. Maybe I just want my husband to have to admit to his actions.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

\

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask how would it benefit your marriage and your reconciliation process, which has been positive up to this point, if you told your children?