How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question

Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1375
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

18yo son with OCD & anx & secondary depression. PCP gives

Customer Question

18yo son with OCD & anx & secondary depression.
PCP gives Prozac with little benefit. Propranolol prn.
Missing social events because feels awkward.
A's, plays baseball, not suicidal.
Gets CBT 2/mo.
Want see psychiatrist within a few hours
of Dayton Ohio within few weeks. Best we can do is
7 weeks. Want to avoid ER. Any ideas?
Will pay cash. Wants to consider Nardil.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Unfortunately I can only provide you with a list of psychiatrists within your area, which I am assuming you have contacted nearly every one, and it is up to their schedule on when they can see your son. The best option would be going to the Emergency Room and asking for a consult from a psychiatrist for Nardil.

Related Mental Health Questions