Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Is there a charge chat?

Customer Question

Is there a charge for this chat?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Yes you are charged for using this website.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not want my questions on a public forum. So can you recommend a online counseling service that is competent and confidential?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

I unfortunately cannot make that recommendation as that would be recommending a competitor and the website does not allow that.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

I can answer your question and lock the question after we are finished so that it is not available to the public.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Unfortunately I did not see in the profile for these sessions that it was open forum. How do I proceed with a refund?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

You can contact customer service directly. Good luck and I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Oh, just read your" lock the question" response. I can live with that.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just saw the "Rather talk than type?" box. How does that work?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

That works. Please let me know what your specific mental health question is that you would like an answer to. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

Normally that is an extra charge for a phone call, but I am not available for phone calls at this time.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How long are these chat sessions?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what is the charge for the phone choice?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

As I said I am not available for phone calls so another expert would have to take that option and it is 18 dollars. This is a Q&A service, not a treatment or counseling service, so as long as your specific question is answered that is how long the session will last.