Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have severe panic disorder! My mind is in a flight and

Customer Question

Hi I have severe panic disorder! My mind is in a flight and fright response! The worst is I have become a conscious breather when sleeping and watching tv! The more meditation I did which included to focus on me breathing made my conscious breathing worse! Now I have hyperventilation hidden that is! I suffer extreme dizziness and muscle weakness in the legs! Trying to tapper off alepam without it my breathing is worse! I have created this in my head this breathing! It's a vicious circle! I'm house bound going to places makes me more fearful about my breathing! People say take deep breaths but that makes me more conciuous about my breathing! No antidepressants work for me! Doctors won't give me any more alepham which helps with my breathing! I have floating sendsation as well! Please give me advice! Everything is scary having a shower, driving fear of fainting, talking to people as it changes my breathing rate! Please help
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what dose of the Alepam are you taking per day and for how long have you taken this medication? Are you currently taking any SSRI/SNRI antidepressant? Are you currently in therapy at all?