Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I have been with this girl year and a half and we are

Customer Question

I have been with this girl for a year and a half and we are getting married in 6 months. lately I feel that she is not wanting to be with me (spending time) as much as I would like to be with her. I do know that she loves me very much and we have always had a healthy relationship as far as not having to be together every moment. with that being said there is no question that the relationship in ending. it does upset me some times when this happens. am I the being over barring?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I do not see how you are being over-bearing, but then again you have not given much details about this situation. When you discuss your worries and concerns with her, how does she respond?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have not really discussed this in depth however I have made comments about things along the way and she always gives a response something to the effect of don't be controlling.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I am not there in this relationship, but from what you are saying it just sounds like you are concerned and worried about the possible ending of your relationship and she basically brushes it off without really communicating with you. With this being said I do not see over-bearing in your behavior, you just want to discuss things in more depth and she does not

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do feel that if we get in a big fight that that could end the relationship. but what you are saying is that I am being insecure? it does make me mad when this happens.... I have a high stress job and am not looking for more stress in my love life
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

At this point it does sound like you are being insecure and just automatically thinking the worst case scenario, which just contributes to your anxiety and stress. But again I have never spoken to your partner, so I do not know what she is thinking about this situation either. It would be helpful if you could discuss things with your partner more, but overall it does appear that you tend to jump to the negative frequently and this causes your worry and anxiety.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.