Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

My son is polar and went off s drugs some time ago. He is

Customer Question

My son is bi polar and went off his drugs some time ago. He is currently in a high manic state and saying disturbing things. He lost his job and does not currently have a doctor but I need to get him back on Lamictal to get Nahum stabilized. How can I go about quickly finding a doctor to help him. I can pay, he is uncooperative.mLydia
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. If your son is in a severe manic state currently and is unable to take care of himself and meet his daily living requirements than you can take him to the nearest ER or call 911 where he will be evaluated and hospitalized so that he can receive the medication that he needs to stabilize. This is an urgent/emergency situation that requires him to be taken to the hospital immediately

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.