Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

What to do when still felling great anxiety while taking

Customer Question

Customer: What to do when still felling great anxiety while taking buspar and clonazepam?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This is actually for my dad so I don't have all details. He is 71 in good health overall. He always had mild anxiety and took small dose xanax. 4 months ago he had a mild concussion and it seems to have spurred tremendous anxiety. He has been to concussion specialists but nothing seems to help the anxiety.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mental Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what were the doses of the medications he is currently taking? And has he taken any other medications for his anxiety in the past?